But they were not discouraged from their plan. And when I returned home from the gym, this is what I found:
We spent that evening at the wedding of a childhood friend. It was a beautiful wedding on the lawn of an old mansion in Denver. The father of the bride walked her down the aisle and then did the bravest thing I think I've ever seen. He turned around and performed the ceremony. With dry eyes and not a crack to his voice. What a beautiful moment.
A wedding is a lovely place to be on your anniversary. To remember the promise of our own day and how we wondered what the future held. We know it was exactly where we were supposed to be. How? The bride carried a bouquet of white roses and.....sweetpeas.
5 comments:
What a great day. I can't wait for our sweet 16th!
happy sixteenth! loving your new pic...you don't look a day over fourteen!
and your moving drama? it's always the way. uncle sugar doesn't even acknowledge we're moving until we're actually seated on the plane, sharing a cocktail.
that's a little drastic, i know. and i also like concrete answers and fast dates. if only everyone else did, too. best...
16? Wow! That's wonderful. Congratulations!
Thank you for the well wishes. Every anniversary, no matter the number, is reason to celebrate.
Karey, I'm at that point. When I'm standing in Jordan, I might believe it then. Meanwhile, I'm living life as though I'm staying by buying bulk toilet paper at Sam's. But, I'm also living life as though I'm going by trying to use up the last of the Hoisin sauce. Either way. Either way...
Happy 16th Anniversary! We're at 8+ years and counting...
I applaud and am in awe of those who are married for so long - what a true testament to commitment.
Post a Comment