Friday, June 6, 2008

A Bientot

Tomorrow? Garage Sale.

I have two girls. I should be able to hand down clothes. No one told my littlest pea. So she grew as tall as her sister, and they've been the same height for years. Now I have racks and rows of clothes, all in the same size, that need to go.

No one told either of my peas that it was not good to outgrow the friendly neighbor girl who handed down the clothes she outgrew. And handing your clothes "up" to the older (albeit shorter) neighbor girl? Simply not done. Really, isn't "handing" your clothes to anyone far more desireable than the garage sale?

And the amount of toys we've cleaned out to sell? Sigh. I'd like to ask Mattel for my money back. Because the toys they make? Not near as much fun as one of these:


Tomorrow? We leave for the mountains.

When all the bargain hunters are gone, it's off to five days of hiking, biking, and swimming. Memories, not stuff.

While I'm gone? Please fill my Google Reader. Because you? You are definitely more fun than anything Mattel ever made. And even better? I'll never have to garage sale you.


Jason's Gallery - click to link

6 comments:

Jill said...

Have a great trip to the mountains! And an even better garage sale. I hope you sell all your stuff... though if you don't, I never say no to hand me downs! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on your vacation. It sounds like it will be fun.
I don't like the work of garage sales, maybe that's why I've never held one (even though we've enough plastic toys to span the Golden Gate Bridge). Good luck with the sale.

kari and kijsa said...

Have a great trip to the mountains! Good luck with the garage sale. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, you made our day!
Have a fabulous weekend!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

mary s. said...

So funny - that very same little helicopter provided about 4 minutes of fun yesterday for my 5-year old nephew. Which, as you probably know, is like an eternity.

Momstheword said...

I found you on Kijsa Studio. She had commented on my blog (not sure where she found me). Did you get snowed on in the mountains? I enjoyed your blog about your girls. Sounds really familiar!

Diane Mandy said...

Have wonderful trip!