Thursday, June 5, 2008

Father's Day Gifts

Dearest Etsy. Dearest Indie. I can tell from my Google reader, you've been busy. Most days when your feeds arrive, I can't wait to find what awaits me. Hand stamped cards, one-of-a-kind jewelry, lovely prints. But lately? As we approach Father's Day? Hmmmm. Well, I can tell from your Father's Day selections, you've never met my SP.

Let me tell you about my SP. If I bought my SP zombie shoes? He would wear them. Because it was a Father's Day gift, and he'll wear anything his girlzies buy him. Was that your point? Anyone who would wear these must, must, must really love their girlzies?

My SP, he is also very stylish. Except for when he's not. So, a scarf with a drawn on mustache? Would he wear this on one of the days he is feeling stylish? Or does he wear it on one of the days he does not?


Now the bloody meat hook. I must say I was tempted. In our house, nothing quite says "Happy Father's Day" like a bloody meat hook. But, it's been done so many times before. We were looking for something fresh, something new.


Then, I happened upon this. And somehow I knew you wouldn't let me down. You had found the very essence of my SP after all!
So I know what the SP will be getting for Father's Day from me. Etsy, Indie, you don't need to search your stores any longer. Really.

If you find something just right for your sweetie on Father's Day, like say he's never gotten a bloody hook but really, really, wants one? Just click to link.

5 comments:

Jill said...

My girls aren't quite at that age where they could pick something out for daddy on their own...

The meat hook may be something I have to purchase... Why? Because there won't be any meat where we're going for the next few years.

Hope you find your fate out soon!

Kimberly said...

Mine wants "the perfect push up" ...which reminds me - I need to get order it!! Whoops :/

Nice to meet you :)

mary s. said...

Those mustache scarves (hankies?) are a riot.

Can Father's Day be harder to buy for?!

karey m. said...

this was hilarious!

look at you...you're really taking different leaps with your writing. i think you've found your voice! your last few posts have been amazing!

and i love it! {can't you tell from all the exclamation points?!}

Simple Answer said...

Jill - no meat? India is going to be something!

Kimberly - perfect push up - there was a thought I hadn't had.

Mary - hate buying for Father's Day.

Karey - that is the highest praise coming from you!