I just knew if I had a space like this, my afternoons would involve cups of hot tea while reading and watching the snow fall. As it turns out, I do have my window seat, but the dog uses it as his perch for looking for squirrels. So the cushions? Full of dirt. So I don't sit there like I planned. Instead, I spend a lot of time washing the cover. But the idea? I still really like it.Instead of sitting on the window seat, we've been piling into our bed each night to read a chapter of this:
Did you know it was a book? We had no idea! And we're having so much fun reading it together, that I thought it was worth the mention. Because laughing out loud as a family? Better than my dreams of a window seat.Top photo found at Un petit moment
4 comments:
I wish I had a nice reading place like that. It looks so comfy (of course no one actually ever gets a reading spot like that). If we are realistic it becomes like you said, a place the dog sits, the kids eat snacks or the place where the Things gather to be put away. But it is a nice dream anyway. These days I sit on stool in the kitchen and read while water boils and dinner cooks.
Thanks for stopping over to my blog. Expat for two years, 3 months and counting :)
all-time fave movie. i am buying that book immediately.
and i grew up with nooks...my mom always made sure she created a cushioned corner "just for me" where i could read and draw for, like, ever.
they're important, those nooks.
ooooh that little spot - so cozy.
i know how you feel though - my pup loves the squirrels too.
that book though: i'll be buying it for sure.
Nooks are good. Even dirt filled ones. Even if you never get to read there.
Please, please do get the book and read it out loud. It is sooo very funny!
Post a Comment