Thursday, May 29, 2008

In another life

I don't ride a bike. Ever. So, I find it very strange that I am coveting this:

Sweetpea Bicycles

If you look verrrry closely, you can see it's name. It is most exclusive. In fact, there is a 9 month waiting list for this bike.

Somehow, I imagine if I had this bike, it would take me places. Places like this:

Rita Crane Photography

Yes, I'm fairly sure I'd lunch in a cafe everyday. And park my bike by a lamp post. And after lunch, I'd head here:

N. Mexico

where I'd hunt down a bouquet of peonies to fill a basket before my ride home.

Home? I couldn't find a picture of home. I'm sure home would be where a gourmet meal of organic food (locally grown, of course) would be cooked. Cooked by me. And the kids would love it. In fact, I'm sure at this home my kids would never ask, "What's this???" when sitting down to a meal. And the bike, it would be parked in a barn out back. A barn with lace curtains. And maybe a tree with a swing? The barn, I think perhaps it would have a small glimpse of the sea. Yes, I think that is exactly where I want this bike to take me.

2 comments:

corine said...

I'm still laughing from reading the comment you left on mackink. You know, the one about the necklace.

Simple Answer said...

Thank you! I assure you, me in that swimsuit? That would be no laughing manner!