The first thing I did after I turned on the computer yesterday, even before I looked at anything, I made the text size larger. The second thing I did was call to make an eye doctor appointment. Denial dies hard. I think the culprit is this very machine. 4 1/2 years of working here has given me such freedom and its given me the flexibility to earn a living and still be a mom. But, I think it has betrayed me. I used to laugh at my coworker who sent all her documents saved at 200% viewing size. Now, I don't find it quite so funny. I find it necessary. But glasses, I must admit, they have possibilities.
Take the biggest Pea. She rocks her glasses.

And Dale Chihuly, no one can deny the beauty he sees in glass.

And at the bottom of one of these glasses, things definitely look better.
VROG click to linkAnd glasses just seem to add a certain je ne sais quoi on some faces.
Vit Hassan click to link
I don't enjoy the idea of glasses because it feels like a sign of aging. And that I've lost some of my superpowers. And that I might just be human after all. But having vision, having vision is vital.
No comments:
Post a Comment