Tuesday, May 13, 2008

7 Year Itch

As of this summer, we will have called Colorado home for 7 years. This is the longest the SP has lived in any one place his whole life. So, I guess I can't be surprised he has an itch to move. Of course, calling Colorado home for him is a bit of a misnomer. It's more like 'home base.' His job takes him all over North America. In fact, I can't keep track of where he is, and I don't even try. All I know is he's not in the zip code.

Me, on the other hand, I never leave the zip code. Most of that is due to the fact I work from home. I get up, commute a few steps to the office, and here I am. The kid's school is a few blocks away, in the zip code. The gym? Also in the zip code. My favorite places - the library, Target, Starbucks - all in the zip code. Dry Cleaners - zip code. Grocery store - zip code. Favorite Indian Restaurant - zip code. Most of my daily world takes place in a few mile radius.

Until now. It is official. I am leaving the zip code. We're moving to Jordan this summer where most places don't have street names and addresses. I'm guessing they don't have a zip code. But the important part is, we may be out of the zip code, but we will all be together.

6 comments:

karey m. said...

wheeee!

Jill said...

Congratulations on your upcoming move. I've been there and have friends there (hello Karey!) and I hear that it's a nice place for families.

You'll also still have cold and snow, so you won't be too far off from Colorado.

Anonymous said...

Hey, indeed we have zip codes, I know of one that is even 5 digits like the US used to be, 11183.

When we get back from our trip to the US in August, MommaBean and I will treat you to a cup of Belgian hot chocolate and that wild Galler place! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hope4wounded@gmail.com

(Jill, I have an American friend in Amman named Kerri :D)

(I saw that post about Chicago. You ARE The Mom!!!!!)

Mimi Cooks said...

Hope you have fun living in Jordan...it is a nice place to be and you will like the community there..best of luck!

Simple Answer said...

Thank you all for your comments and enthusiasm! We are so excited.

Kinzi, what a lovely invite and I would love it! We don't have a date to be in Jordan yet - but before August 1st. I'd also like to try your church.

corine said...

Wow. Jordan?

My zipcode is 91364, extending all the way to 91367 (I like to live dangerously) and I bet that between target and starbuck, you and I see the same sights, buy the same junk. But Jordan? Wow, wow.