
Swankie Hankie
Living overseas, we have learned that nothing, nothing, can bring so much joy as a care package. The SP's best friend? Sent us a whole box of soft toilet paper. I wept with joy.
The minute we learn we have a package, we start with the happy dance, scramble to find the scissors that never seem to be in the same place twice, and oo and aaa at what wonderful things we've received.
With Halloween approaching, we've received packages from family and friends with chocolate, candy corn, spider webs, canned pumpkin...all the wonderful things that we can't run to the local store to grab.
The most recent box we received was from my SIL. She enclosed some cute swankie hankies. One for each of us. Mine was the one above. My littlest pea looked at me and said, "Mom. That is sooooo perfect. I mean, it is So. You."
heh?
Apparently, my youngest thinks I am a Soused Witch. Who knew she was such a good judge of character?
14 comments:
A soused witch. Now THAT is a great name for a blog!! haha...
Care packages are the best. And you're right about the constantly moving scissors. What the heck?!
Yeah... we LOVE those packages...and sofffffffffffft toilet pape is such a treasure!
When you live away from home it is amazing the things you end up missing. I lived in Japan and would ask people to being me/send me cheez whiz, deoderant, peanut butter, and toothpaste. Im sure people thought I was nuts.
Well, now you're just TRYING to make us jealous (you know those of us who are't privy to the American channels). For me, receiving packages is a really big deal (like the kind where either I or some nice office guy I can find have to spend a couple of hours at the post office...). I'll just be happy for you on the outside and burning with jealousy on the inside (teehee). Between my mom and I, we give all new meaning to the term shipping logistics trying to receive packages under the 6 month JD limit for Jordanians.
That is adorble. How nice. I love the title of the post too.
It's like camp. Care packages. You know, I have a copy of the blacklist for you. I can send, if you still want to see. Let me know.
I laughed out loud at that :) Kids say the darnedest things right?
I wish we got care packages! We get taxed at 20% by customs on everything (and they are oh so LOVELY to deal with) so I tell people not to bother wasting the money to send them. But I could go for some Twizzlers, or cinnamon graham crackers, or cheesecake. If anyone can make that happen - let me know!
I so relate to the soft toilet paper thing. Is America the only place you can find it?
Care packages are the best. It doesn't even matter if you need the stuff or not. Getting a box of goodies from somebody who cares about you is like being hugged. I still remember getting BIG boxes of citrus from my parent's trees when I was in Basic. It's not like we didn't get fresh fruit every day in the chow hall. But opening a box from home, was a treat to everyone who missed their own homes. Those grapefruit, wrapped up in pages from the Tampa Tribune, were snapped up in an instant and eaten on the spot - no spoons, no sugar... but oh so sweet.
Aww how sweet - what a lovely treat!
Hey, I just got your comment. Send me that e mail. With your dvd I will also send you all sorts of music cd's if you were serious. You know, I am queen of tunes.:) I'm serious, I love sharing music.
Have an awesome weekend!!!
Get in touch. My e mail is on my profile page.
Fun! We do the happy dance for a fun brochure - I can't imagine if we were overseas and got a package!
:)
Holly
a soused witch...with thigh highs?
i smell a halloween costume!
Okay, So that's why you're a porn star!!
Care packages... Amen!!
Post a Comment