Saturday, October 11, 2008

Voyeurs


When we first moved here, there were lots of things I did not enjoy about our flat. What I had hoped for, and what I got, were two very different things. Some of my complaints were the lack of A/C which kept us out of the main living area and the oddly shaped family room that still has me rearranging furniture as often as once a week. I had also hoped to be on a higher floor with a view of city lights and, would it be too much to ask, but maybe a rooftop terrace? 

But what I got? A front row seat. In the evening, we take cocktails out onto our very small balcony and watch the park. It never fails to amuse us. But my favorite time? First thing in the AM. I never know what I'll see when I open the curtains by my kitchen table. This AM? It was something new. Bedouin women were gathering the olives from my neighbor's tree.

Nothing like this ever happened in Colorado. This loft? Today? I'm feeling very, very lucky. 

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is something you don't get to see over here. I hope your neighbors didn't see.
I like that you get yourself some cocktails and settle down for the show. It's probably better than tv.

Connie said...

We've been watching a building constructed behind our apartment.. for 4 years.. and it is still not done. We've enjoyed it though.

Miss Kim said...

That's hilarious!

Unknown said...

I know it isn't always easy to be away from home.. but really...WHAT an EXPERIENCE. Aren't you glad you have this blog & a camera?

Thanks for playing Tag with me!