Friday, October 3, 2008

Lesson #1: See the World in a New Way

If you give a child a camera, you will see the world in a whole new way.

And most likely, you will see things you would have never taken the time to notice.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I love that. What a great angle. A lot of times I just get really really close ups of people's faces. They're good at those.

Suzanne said...

I agree. Kids have a wonderful eye. There's a project called, "Kids with Cameras" that was started in India. These kids come up with some terrific work. Encourage your child to explore photography further.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Gutsy Living said...

I wish I'd asked my kids to take photos when they were little. I think I did a few times, but those were of family members and most of the time, the photos had half a face missing. Landcapes would have been different though.
Thanks for sharing those.

Connie said...

Gotta love digital cameras for just this reason! Great photos!!

I am glad my kids are old/mature enough to be handed the camera now. My 5yo is a bit wobbley yet, but my 7yo is doing well. I like the 'themes' they come up with. 'close ups of stuff in the house', 'tall buildings', 'pictures of pictures on the computer monitor', etc.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I totally agree. My son has taken some great pictures with our old digital camera. I love the butterfly, it seems to be a theme with me this week.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Or, you know, you give the child a camera and he runs up the steps of the auditorium with it right before your other child is about to perform and he trips and drops it and it breaks and you get no pictures and now you have to buy a new camera.

Miss Kim said...

Found you via your comment on Lulu's blog... I'm happy to start following your adventures in Jordan!

Diane Mandy said...

I agree! There is something about having a camera in your hand that makes you look at things in a whole new way!