Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lesson #3: Know Thyself: I am prissy


Not only am I a bit of a priss, but my girls have picked up on this and have adopted a bit of prissiness of their own. 

On our trip to Jarash, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I did really well entering the restaurant after passing by the dead rat out in the parking lot...about 6 meters from the entrance. Wasn't going to think about it. Nope. Nope. Nope.

The restaurant was 1/2 in and 1/2 outside. Which meant cats were free to wander in...and under the table where the 6 little girls were seated. And since there was an obvious rat problem, why wouldn't there be cats? However, after the very ill cat that was under our table at the Dead Sea? NONE of the girls wanted a cat under the table. Not a whole lot we could do, and the more they didn't want the cat, the more it insisted on rubbing their legs ~ as only a cat would!

Apparently, we were just being prissy. 'Cuz what you are seeing in the picture? It's the second nanny to bring over her young charge to get under the table to see the kitty. And that's the way the lunch went - cats and kids under the table! At one point, there were two kids under the table and two kids out - never mind the 6 little girls trying to eat a meal.

Yep. Prissiness. I'm just going to have to get over that one. Rabies or no.

Thus endth the lessons of Jarash.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless...I can only imagine... Imagine how these people don't die of some horrible disease from RATS & CATS... Hang in there!

Thank you for popping by & showing some SITS love yesterday & today! I am thinking I MAY need to get off of the laptop for a while... ya think?

Amy said...

Yeah, the cats in the restaurant thing is a bit unsettling. Although, I don't mind so much as long as they don't touch me (I'm allergic). The rat on the other hand, kinda gross. At least you stayed, you can't be that much of a priss. :)

Lynda said...

Cats, rats & dogs - none of them make me very happy. I can't even eat if there is a dog in the room (like you will often find in German restaurants)...

Anonymous said...

Ew! I don't like cats at any time but under the table at a restaurant would put me off. Like Lynda said, in Germany dogs go everywhere (except groceries, gotta have some standards right?) I can't stand having a dog watching me while I'm trying to eat. I can't imagine kids and cats under my table.
I'll stand right up and say I'm prissy and proud of it right along side ya'!

Diane Mandy said...

Oh, given that situation, I would also be considered a priss, too.

Whole different world there, isn't it?