
Some people have a sense of style. I can not claim to be one of them. The sale rack drives my style. The Gap drives my style. These two facts alone should attest to the fact that I have no sense of style.
But....every once in a while, I'll see something and know that THAT was made for me. That is how I feel about the whole outfit on the woman on the cover of Domino magazine. Every piece of it. From the necklace to the shoes. I saw it and knew if I had that outfit, I would OWN that outfit.
That's when I realized it. It has been 73 days since I have bought one new item of clothing. I've bought nothing. Not a sock, not a shirt, not a scarf. Nothing. 73 days since I have been in Jordan.
I suspect this is a record for me. But, this is what happens when you don't run to Target for Halloween decorations and happen to find a great sale on white T-shirts. (huh, Amy?) I could order online. But I tend to be too lazy to return the things that don't fit. Which is exactly what the retailer hopes, and I do my part not to disappoint. Plus, and it's a big plus here, my closet is much too small for things that don't fit or don't look right.
73 days. Shouldn't I have more $ to show for it? Must be the $9 bag of frozen peaches.
20 comments:
wow - congrats :)
Holly
There's something to be said for that. But....I do think you should get that outfit, cause it's cute. That's only my humble opinion.
You are good! And you should find a way to get that outfit. I love it.
73 days, that's pretty good - you don't sound too nuts yet ;)
That is a super cute outfit. I love the pants (though I can never wear capris) and the shoes are great!
It's rare for me to find a complete outfit from had to toe that I love. Lucky you!
I need to do some on-line shopping. I am really not in the mood to. Send some of the shopping energy this way please.
I found you through an American in Norway's blog. I love it here. I may stick around! By the way, my father is Jordanian, I am 50% Arabian. So seeing your pics and reading about Jordan is kind of neat. Ive only been a couple of times myself. I cant imagine living there though. I would go nuts without Target!!
You have an award, please stop by :-)
I hear you. My closet is getting pretty barren after over a year of online shopping. I broke down and bought a bathing suit when my old one fell apart. I hate it. But, like you - too lazy to return it.
ooh...no weekly zara and mango jaunts for you and the girls?
you're goooood!
I find it liberating... not shopping..except for the essentials. But there is a huge shock waiting for you when you do hit the stores again.. in the summer I had been 6 months without shopping - when I finally made it to the ladies dept of a major dept store in Germany I was so overwhelmed that I burst into tears... spending money on stuff we don't really need is a muscle that gets lax when we don't use it.
The only 'clothes' i bought in singapore were shoes -im sure they dont really count ;) ! going from a respectable NZ size 8-10 (about a US 6) to an L or XL if they even had anything to fit in Singapore...I'm sorry madam you too big for my shop....sizes was just too demoralising. I've still not recovered and the women here make Victoria Beckham look fat! I hear they make beautiful leather shoes to order.....maybe I'll try that.
Great outfit though. love love love the top!!
There are no clothes shops here to buy anything of interest either - for me or for the girls (forget about the husband). I totally hear you about foregoing shopping... I'm a total onliner myself - but not being able to return is killing me.
Like Donna, I bought a bathing suit too to replace the one that didn't make it here in my bag. Wouldn't you know I ordered the wrong size - and I had only 10 days to return / exchange.
73 days - that would be a record for me!
Great post!
Sandra
Wow - sounds like a good and bad thing - go out and get something pretty!
I just found your blog and I think it is great. You need to get that outfit when you get a chance!
$9 for peaches?? I think I would rather buy new clothes! hehe
Even just living in Germany, my shopping has dwindled down to almost nothing. But that outfit???A MUST buy!
I love it. You have your own unique sense of style, nobody else has it but you!
I definitely go through phases where I don't shop for long periods of time. I say go out and buy something...that's what I love about online shopping!
Post a Comment