Sunday, August 31, 2008

Less than Perfect is Perfect


Three days at the Dead Sea. Three days of endless swimming and riding the resort's pool slide on a floaty. Nights of spectacular sunsets. Mornings of bountiful buffets. New friends for everyone. Nothing to do but sit in the water and enjoy.

The Dead Sea did not erase the scars on a 9-year-old's arms - even though she was hoping the water was as miraculous as she hoped it could be. And the water? It stings. The littlest pea decided she could not, did not, will not, and I mean never ever, want to see the Dead Sea again. But could we please come back to the pool?

The first evening included dinner on the veranda with a perfect view of the sunset. But...the company. You see, it's just that the company included a severely maimed cat whose presence was, well, unappetizing. The cat prompted a chase around the table by three waiters with a pool cleaning net. The chase was met with success. The biggest pea wanted to know what they would do with the cat. Yes, what will they do with the cat?

If that didn't kill the appetite, this one did. The bottles were labeled Heinz 57 - but ketchup aficionados knew better. 

Toss in a little pea tossing her cookies at 2 AM and breaking out in hives due to who knows what, and you can see that what we had was the perfect vacation. And truly? It was. See paragraph one. 

9 comments:

Connie said...

We had some issues with jelly fish stings on our trip to the beach - the kids still want to go back. Somehow, the good always manages to outweigh the bad.

Amy said...

Okay, the cat thing is disturbing, but the floating sounds nice. I love that it's the Dead Sea, it sounds so much more exotic than the Atlantic. Hope you had fun.

Unknown said...

I would love to make it to the dead sea...maybe one of these days.

Sorry little Pea wasn't feeling it & got sick...no fun!

karey m. said...

the dead sea is therepeutic for all things...except it causes stinging bum. unfortunate.

and the cats and the lost cookies?

exactly. glad you had fun {mostly}...was wondering how you all would like it!

Lynda said...

Sometimes I relent and grab something local that looks familiar.. never good. But I have learnt to make do.. pick and choose what you can and cannot live with. Sorry about the mishaps - The 3 stooges and the cat! LOL

Jill said...

Oh I heart the Dead Sea... there's something so serene about it.

However, my legs never seem to like it. I've always gone there the day after i shaved... I'm smart that way.

Looks like you had a great time... for the most part!

kari and kijsa said...

Happy Labor Day! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

mary s. said...

What an experience! And that photo is aMAZing!

please sir said...

Wow sounds like an amazing time. Does the Dead Sea really have healing powers?