I now have Joy doing the dishes - even though there is no dishwasher. Joy doing the laundry - in the un-airconditioned half of our house. Joy mopping the floors. Joy doing the ironing. Joy peeling and cutting the carrots into matchsticks since there aren't any baby carrots here. Joy dealing with the lack of a garbage disposal. Joy making the bed.I've been told it's important not to pay my Joy too much. I say I can't pay here enough. No way would I have this much Joy in the states.
6 comments:
Is this a silver lining? It's sounding better by the minute. Joy is making you happy.
Can I hire this "Joy"?
I hope all is coming together for you and your family. :)
Hire a maid!
Wait a minute - how can I say that when I don't have one here... yet...!
Have fun mopping. I'll be doing that tomorrow! Arghhh
Oh Joy indeed! :-)
I've been catching up on you and your new expat adventures. Hang in there, lady. It will get better. Promise.
We have 'Busy Brenda'... Miss 6 loves her so much that she wants to take her on holiday with us next time and has already informed her grandmother of her plans... actually that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. I loved coming home to a sparkling clean house (Mr Dear Husband has been here for 2 weeks alone.. normally not a good plan) and freshly made up beds.
Post a Comment