Behold the most powerful button on earth. Ever had a bad picture taken where you look a little more like you're constipated than smiling? Just "Delete" and you can look happy and cute in all your pictures! Nasty comment on your blog? "Delete" An email forwarded to you that assures you health and happiness if you just forward it to 10 friends? "Delete" But what happens when they tell you both your household shipments have been "Deleted?" Yep. Wiped clean out of the system. No one can track down your 3,500 pounds of your most favorite stuff - You know, stuff like forks. Sheets. Towels. - because it has been deleted and ceases to exist. Poof.
Why can't they do what we do? Select the Edit Menu and pick UNDO!
8 comments:
No, no, that's awful. I didn't know that was possible. I hope you're holding it together ok.
Listen, if you want to see The Blacklist, email me and I will send you a copy. It's not your stuff, but it's something.
I hope someone hits that undo button and your stuff comes in soon.
Keep cool... somehow this situation appears to be a welcome ritual when moving to the Middle East... our shipment came a month late because it took a holiday in Spain on the way?? LOL We were NOT amused, but it all worked out in the end... fingers crossed.
Unbelievable... or not. Sadly, nothing surprises me these days. I'm SO very sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out where the glitch was and find your beloved belongings sooner rather than later!
Oh I can SO relate!
You've GOT to be kidding. Hopefully you won't be seeing your stuff on the black market. I'd turn into a fire-breathing dragon. Chances are they'll find your stuff if they've got a dragon breathing down their necks.
- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
OH MY GOD. I hope, hope this is a mistake.
Hey, maybe your dishes went to visit Jill's suitcase in India?
Seriously, though, it'll all turn up eventually. It will. Something stressful always has to happen when you move. Because if it were easy, everyone would be up and moving overseas.
Fingers crossed for your stuff,
emailfromtheembassy.blogspot.com
Oh no! That is horrible. I think I'd be going crazy. I really hope they work it out and they find it.
Oh, no! That makes me feel just sick for you. Not to worry...even the most convoluted bureaucracies seem to come through. Hopefully for you and your family, sooner rather than later. Take care.
Post a Comment