Monday, July 7, 2008

Tagged and Awarded and Honored and Blushing and Gushing!

Every year, I throw an Academy Awards party. I love to roll out the red carpet, hang the golden drapes and, well, trash the celebrities. And of course, being dorky, I've always wanted to thank the Academy. My Academy? Both Jill at The Perlman Update and Andrea at The Blogging Mama.

They've named me for the Arte Y Pico award. Which, by the way, Meryl Streep has been nominated, but has never won.

So first let me thank Jill. I adore Jill. I've taken to referring to her as "My friend Jill" in casual conversation. She's on her way to India from Israel and I swear I tell my husband at least 10 times in a day, "If Jill can go to India, I can go to Jordan." He's given up on trying to figure out who Jill is and if we really know her. I assure him we do and that we go back to at least April when I found her blog on Expat Women.

And through Jill, I have found Andrea. Another expat living in Germany. In my delusional mind, her life in Germany is exactly how my life in Jordan will be. Except she can wear shorts. My very favorite part about Andrea? We are reading compatible! The highest compliment a librarian can pay to anyone!




This sucker will go proudly on my mantle. And it seems I get to also be a presenter at this awards show! (picture me in a dress that will be featured on the cover of both InStyle and People!)

The rules that accompany this award are:
  • Choose five blogs deserving of this award...
  • Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog
  • Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and the link to the blog that presented him/her with the award
  • The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know where it originated.
Clever, no? How many hits does this site get?

There is just one teensy, tiny problem with this. I only have a few regular readers of this blog. And Jill and Andrea are two of those. And some of these recommendations already have a mantle full of these. If you see your blog here, and your mantle is too full, we can just say you are too busy 'filming your next role' (posting your next blog) but everyone go visit them because they make my day!

Crazy, but the cool kind (She is on vacation in Greece. And my husband thinks she looks too perfectly beautiful to be real!)
At Home with The Farmer's Wife (She won one of these last week from someone else. But I like her. I really like her! And you'll like her too.)
Martinis for Two (I'd love it if we could really have Martinis together!)
Lulu's Bay (Even though I wish my life was going to be like Andrea's, I suspect my life will be a lot more like hers!)
South End Blend (If she lived anywhere near me, I'd ask her to photograph my life, my memories. Cuz she has an amazing eye!)

Okay, I'll need to do the meme later. Cuz it's 10 AM and I have done nothing. Anyone else get pulled into the computer? Anyone else avoiding real life?

8 comments:

mary s. said...

OH my goodness. Thank God I am wearing my Marchesa gown this very moment to accept such an honor.

I'd like to thank YOU, Annie, for being so darn nice and for your kind words. I cannot imagine moving to another country and I look forward to following your chronicles like I did when I was hooked on 'The Guiding Light' in elementary school.

Off to hit the parties!!

karey m. said...

congrats! congrats!

and mary? you got to watch gl in grade school?! jealous. officially jealous. my mom wouldn't even let me watch all in the family.

Jill said...

You are too cute! When I picture you gushing, I think I literally see you smiling from ear to ear... I can hear your voice through your words - and they make me smile.

You are too kind in your comments... I'm just glad you found me last April - so that I can read about you now!

Diane Mandy said...

Awww, THANKS!

Yes, let's have martinis. Your place or mine?

Suzanne said...

Woo Hoo...thank you so much!!! I'm just taking a break from that dreaded tiling project and I hopped on line to see what you're up to. Hmmmmm. You're busy.

Let's all meet at Diane's for martini's. I'm bringing my famous Blue Hosta Martini.

- Suzanne the Farmer's Wife

Anonymous said...

You are quite welcome for the award. I knew Jill tagged you for it too but I had to agree ;)
Life in Germany - Yep, Terrible Two's, speeding tickets and loads of rain! I hope Jordan's better than this. I am working on getting you a 'fluffier' book recommendation soon too.

Amy said...

Why thank you. I am beyond honored. The last award I won was, well, one of my kids gave me a Mothers Day card that said World's Best Mom. I didn't need a gown for that though. So, I am going to go to that site and figure this thing out. Thank you again for the nice compliments. You are to kind, really, tell your husband he should see me in the morning, he'd be singing a different tune.

Simple Answer said...

The only time I could watch soaps was when I was home sick. That was when I got hooked on All My Kids.

Suzanne and Diane - You are so on! Anytime is good for me!

Andrea - I'm looking forward to it! Have you read the Other Bolyn Sister? I think that will be my airplane read.

Amy - My husband has seen me first thing in the AM. I think that is the whole problem.