
Eugenio Recuenco
So, when my husband came home and told me to "Close your eyes and hold out your hands," I really didn't want to. But, the peas were in on it, so I played along. The result? I'm typing on it. There was just no way this family could operate without a computer until who knows when. So with laptop in hand, I'll be able to stay in touch until our stuff arrives in Amman. (don't worry, the contest to see when my stuff will arrive lives on!)
I've been popping onto everyone else's computer and I've enjoyed escaping to your worlds while trying to avoid mine. 5 days of a pack-out. The one thing I forgot to pack for Amman? My Bible. Christian woman travels to Muslim country with no Bible. Idiot. No fear, I've bought a new one for my suitcase. All in all, we're only bring about 3,500 lbs worth of stuff with us. Really. That was everything from my house I really wanted. The other 13,500 lbs of our accumulated belongings are now in storage.
The house finally rented Monday - after 3 failed contracts. After the amount of work it has taken to empty and clean it, I'm ready for someone else to look after it for awhile.
Our truck just sold today. My neighbor's daughter will now be driving "JET BLACK. Finest truck in all the land." Now I'm wondering how I'm going to get the 4 little girls I promised to take to get their nails painted and to Noodles for lunch with no car. Definitely not thinking straight.
In between lots of good-bye parties where we stuff ourselves with foods we're worried we'll miss, and sleepovers and swim dates galore, we're trying to get our 10 suitcases consolidated into 8. Each one is being carefully weighed to try to stay under 50 pounds. We leave in just 2 days. Of course, we tried calling today to confirm children's meals and ..... we've been bumped off the flight. Lots of phone calls and hold time later... nothing is resolved. We'll take up the battle in the AM. Ever feel like maybe something was not meant to be? I'm trying to tell myself that sometimes the hard stuff reaps the greatest rewards.
So, I'm back online - somewhat. I'll let you know when (if?) we make it to Amman!
12 comments:
Off you go I'm sure. Say hi from your big adventure
A new laptop!!! What a great husband you must have.
Good luck with the plane tix - I feel your pain...
Good luck! I can't wait to heat the next installment.
I'm glad your back. Yeah about the laptop. I know must be really hard but does sound exciting. Keep us updated. I'd push for first class tickets after the mental stress they have caused you. It can work sometimes, doesn't hurt to try. Good Luck.
Woohoo! Two days! Come on over... Oh, and we do have bibles available for sale or use in Amman. Even a pretty awesome bookstore that caters to Christians :).
What a nice surprise! I hope it all works out without too much stress!
We got our tickets voided 3 times before our last flight (yesterday). Our flight was delayed too. We actually had to get a different plane, the second plane had to return to the gate, and the flight crew had to be switched when they went past their legal time on duty! yay! flying! :p The good thing is - it doesn't last forever. You get there eventually :-D Congrats on the new toy, and renting the house, selling the truck. You are sooooo close!!
Congrats on the laptop - they are the best! Glad to hear things are getting better!
Wow - a laptop! Yippee!!! Oh you're so close... Congrats on selling the car. Wishing you nothing but good luck with your departure.
I'll be thinking about you!
What a nice surprise! I remember the period before our move to Europe and how stressful it was. You'll get through it and on to the next adventure. I look forward to reading about it.
I hope all was sorted out since I am not getting to catching up on posts until today. Don't you love airlines? They had us booked all sitting in different rows. You want my itchy, cranky toddler alone with an unsuspecting seat mate? No problem! However it did get resolved and we ended up just two one one side of the aisle and two on the other. I was not so secretly hoping they'd just bump me to first class. No luck!
I'm glad you will have a chance to stay in touch. It makes all the difference in the world!
Thank you so much for your prayers and wonderfully kind comments during this difficult time. Every word made and is making a difference as we begin this new journey.
Thank you so much for your words of comfort and blessing,
kari & kijsa
Post a Comment