Friday, September 5, 2008

And the winner is....


On Thursday the 4th I got a call from my SP. "Are you home?" And even though I knew I had told him I was getting my hair cut and going to lunch, I humored him and repeated it as though he were hearing it for the first time. Well, he informed me, I'd better get home because the movers were at our flat with all our stuff!

Way back here I asked for the best guesstimates on when our stuff would arrive. And the winner is Blogging Mama! She said September 4th, and I am going to award her the most Middle Eastern thing I can think of - Camel. 

Now I have it on high authority that a Camel in Jordan goes for $8,000 for a female and $5,000 for a male. Can't quite afford that, so I went with the pre-packaged Camel. Now, it's not what you think. This package of Camel is not really camel, it's actually an apricot "fruit roll-up" type thing. Only... we thought it was gross. So really? It's not like a fruit roll-up at all. Yet, this is a traditional treat to eat and to bring to friends during the holy month of Ramadan. And so Blogging Mama, to you, Camel. I'm so glad you were right.

Now, any suggestions on what I should put all this stuff? 

10 comments:

Jill said...

Oh I'm SO glad to hear that you got your stuff..... SO, SO, So glad. It makes all the difference in the world. Your stuff will now make your house a home. It will help you feel like you belong a little more in the Arab country - even with your beautiful blonde locks!

I'm thrilled for you and hope that you find places for all your things.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored. Camel. That's funny! Hubby would take a real one so long as it eats grass so he doesn't have to mow the lawn.

I am glad your stuff came. Now here's to trying to find somewhere to put everything!

MommaBean said...

Congrats! Wow, we moved at the wrong time... Congrats and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tanya said...

Ha!! I see what you mean. Happy unpacking!

Amy said...

Yay, I'm so glad your stuff came. Now you can add a little "home" to your home. :)

mary s. said...

Oh thank GOD! My guess was 9/15 and I was beginning to wonder if I'd be the winner.

Go! Unpack!

Connie said...

YAY!! Glad you got your stuff! Although sorry I was not the winner - not because I wanted the camel :-p , but because I guessed earlier (:-) Still, this is great! Now the fun part of figuring out where it all goes.

I liked Andrea's comment about mowing the lawn - when I asked my dh if I could get sheep for the wool (I spin), he had the same response!

Gill - That British Woman said...

great blog, just popped by to say hello and say our dd is also on her last year of her Master/Graduate Studies for Library and Information Studies. She wants to be an Archivist though not a Librarian.
Gill from Canada

kari and kijsa said...

Glad you got your stuff! Yea- Laughed at the 'camel'!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Diane Mandy said...

YOu got your stuff????? YEAH!!!! I know it feels good.