
The temperature difference between the day and the night is one of the main reasons people catching cold, according to general practitioner Issa Makdah, who recommended precautions during the period of depression such as warmer clothes, liquids and flu shots.
"People usually leave home during the day when it is hot or warm, and they do not provide themselves with warmer clothes if they want to stay out till the evening," he told The Jordan Times on Wednesday.
Such conditions may cause different sicknesses like influenza, tracheal inflammation and sometimes headache or muscle spasms, said the family doctor.
Makdah urged people to keep warmer clothes with them when they are out "in order to avoid the difference in temperatures", adding that Jordanians "should avoid ice-cold drinks and ice-cream, but have warm drinks instead", as the weather is changing.
Seriously? Didn't you think that was an old wive's tale? In America, we're told there is nothing that proves this to be true. That weather has no correlation to our health. So, who is going to tell the Jordanians? Or, do the Jordanians know something we don't?
I'll tell ya what. If the weather will pretend for just 3 days that it is Fall and offer up a good rainstorm, I promise I will bundle up and drink hot tea. Ice cream will be off the menu. I will carry a sweater for the evening. I will take all of this advice if only I can pretend it is Fall.
9 comments:
I see that here too. Our nanny used to panic if I let the kids go out with wet hair or in wet clothes. Going out in what little rain we get here and getting wet was also very scary! Any cold was 'the weather is damp'. What's with that? If dampness or changes in humidity caused colds, I'd never have survived childhood in Florida! (altho, I might believe the damp connection to cooties in England... except people have been surviving there for centuries too!) Too silly.
I have known of many midwives here that threaten the dreaded castor oil as a cure for pregnancy, but usually the threat is all that is required to induce labor! Poor friend!
So she got on the treadmill and sprinted? I love that. That's guts. I always wondered about the castor oil thing because I have a friend with three daughters that drank it three times. She had each shortly thereafter, although I didn't know if it was coincidence. Guess not. Congratulations to her.
Sorry about the Fall...
i am loving this chill, though...aren't you?!
sweater weather, middle-east style!
Yeah what an interesting correlation between how we view it. Also crazy about your friend's baby! I'll send some fall over your way :)
That's so funny about the castor oil. I had a girlfriend who drank it too in hopes of inducing her labor. All she got was horrific cramps, diarrhea, and lost about 5 pounds that night... I couldn't stop laughing. Needless to say, I never tried it as I promised I would.
Here's to a wonderful fall... I wish I could bottle up a bit of a chill for here.
That is so funny about the cold - it is the same here. If anyone has an illness - from a cold to an ear infection - they 'must have got cold' or slept with the window open. When I had a cold, it was because I didn't wear socks indoors...it had nothing to do with the relatives kissing me hello and then revealing what a bad cold they had :)
So, I assume the sweaters are out and ice cream put away? Yo got that rainstorm today :). Thank goodness for cooler weather.
And here's to icecream in winter and ice-cold drinks year round!
tht's really nice...
i will be glad to stop at my blog and tell me your opinion as iam new in this :)
we can also exchange blog links if u wanna...just tell me...
www.allaboutancientegypt.blogspot.com
www.all-aboutfamily.blogspot.com
feel free to subscribe there :)
Post a Comment