As we patiently wait to see if SP will be offered the job in Jordan, I'm wondering if there were events in our past that we can look back on that lead to our coming to this point. Take these two examples.
I met my husband when he sat behind me in 8th grade French class. Alphabetical seating - our great matchmaker. He was taking French because his family was moving to Morocco. So now that I've married him, should I be surprised that our paths are taking us back to the Arab world? His sense of adventure and desire to experience the world were what attracted me to him. Could my intrigue of his past life be leading us to this present one?
When I was in third grade, we were watching something (the inaguration?) where Jimmy Carter was on TV. For reasons I still do not understand, I raised my hand and announced to the class that Jimmy Carter was my uncle. When I got home and my mom found out, I tried to backpedal and say I only announced that he looked like my uncle. Now, I only have one uncle, and trust me, there is no mistaking him for Jimmy Carter. So, lie number three, I only said I wished he were my uncle. Which at that point was true. But I still never quite got out of that lie. My point in revealing this piece of my past is that currently Jimmy Carter is in the Middle East where I hope he is going to be capable of bringing some version of peace to the region. Why do I think Jimmy Carter has picked now? Because we're practically family, just ask me.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jordan?! Oooh, how lovely.
We think so too. But you are in the land where my husband's family grew up, so maybe someday we'll be seeing you in person instead of through your words (and fabulous photos)
Post a Comment