
So what is the difference between snow days in Colorado and snow days in Amman?
First, you get a text alert the night BEFORE the snow day. BEFORE it has even snowed! It was only PREDICTED! Such faith in the weatherman has never been displaced in the US!
Second, EVERYONE can sleep in. No getting up to check the news or website only to discover you can go back to bed. We knew about the snow day the night BEFORE!
Third, there is no sanding of the roads, no snowplows, and no need to shovel. And that would lead me to number four.
The biggest difference between a snow day in Colorado and a snow day in Amman? Snow. Technically, it did snow here. Big, fat, beautiful flakes. But did they stick to the road? No. Last longer than 20 minutes? No. Do anything other than cancel school? No. It was just a day to be home and play!
I like snow days in Amman!
8 comments:
Weird! I had no idea it could snow there. That kinda shows that I have no clue about geography doesn't it?
Happy snow or no snow day anyway!
I'm jealous that you got snow!! At least it isn't like DC where when it snows people forget how to drive and make runs on the supermarket. LOL
Snow! No way!! How neat! It has been darn cold this past week - sure would have been nice to have a bit of the pretty white stuff to compensate :D
Yay! Snow! We have been waiting and waiting for snow here. And I like the text message and day off!
We're going to have a snow day tomorrow too! I've come to terms with it, but I'm not thrilled. I did buy a lot of snacks and wine to try and lure my friends over. :) Hope you have a good one.
Enjoy every minute of it! Snow days are like free passes to do exactly what you want...yippee!!
Now that does sound like fun!
this sounds like an Oklahoma snow day as well lol! We alsways know the night before. However growing up in Canada we almost never had snow days.
Post a Comment