
I turn 39 next week, and I've already started thinking in terms of "Before I turn 40." Like: I saw the Great Pyramids before I turned 40. It's not that I'm uptight about reaching 40. It's just that I marvel at the turns life can take. It's more of a "Who'da thunk it?" kinda thing. Last year at this time, we were still just considering moving to Jordan. And here we've been for 8 months ~ all before I turned 40.
On my iGoogle page, I have the "1,000 Places to Visit Before You Die" widget that pops up in the corner. Approaching 40, you do start to realize that maybe of all the time you are ever going to have, you might be about 1/2 way through it. And, I've always looked at the picture of Santorini and said, "Someday. Yes, Someday."
So next week, on my 39th birthday, guess where I'll be?
15 comments:
Yay for you!
And you know how I feel, 39 rocks.
Fantastic! Have a great time! Happy Early Birthday!
I hadn't been thinking much about my age, then I turned 40... and about a week later, went ice skating for the 1st time ever. Work on your "Before I Turn 40" list... but don't worry if you do not get all the checks marked. I'm finding the "After I turned 40" list fun to fill in too :)
Happy Almost Birthday! We celebrate my daughter's birthday next week too.
Enjoy Santorini! We'll be thinking of you on your birthday - hope you can celebrate together and then get away for a romantic evening - hard to go wrong when your in Santorini!
I have started doing lists every year now - of what I want to do before my next birthday. What an wonderful place to have your birthday. Hope you have fun!...and Happy Birthday!
Yea for you! I LOVE Santarini.. (sp?)
ENJOY! Take lots of pictures to share!
Enjoy your birthday trip! Please let us know if the whites are really that white and the blues that blue!
Awesome - you are going to have a great time!!!
looking forward to pictures!!
Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fantastic trip... I'm so jealous!
I hope you are having a wonderful birthday vacation! When you get back: I have tagged you for a new meme called "Around the world in 80 Clicks" - which is being passed to mom bloggers around the world, asking what we like most about being a mom.
tag :)
Might be time for me to make a list...I'm edging real quick towards 40. I hope you have a great time! 1st time on your site and I love the photos from your travels.
Girl, how long are you going to be hanging out in Greece? & where are the pictures? I tagged you come on by... please... thanks! : )
Where are you? I hope you are well and just enjoying yourself. I have missed having you around! I also nominated you for the around the world in eighty clicks thingy...
I hope you had a great birthday and that everything has been well with you since then. :)
Post a Comment