
I was pretty sure my blog was about to become extinct. I'm not sure where all my free time went. I suspect my free time went home to the Philippines to visit it's family. That's right, Joy went home for 6 LONG weeks. How am I going to cope in the States with no domestic help? (read with a touch of sarcasm but a whole lot of terror.)
I left my blog for so long, I had to sign back in. Not easy to do when all the prompts are in Arabic. But here I am. Thank you for all your comments in my absence! I'll visit you soon.
The funny news is, I'm not the only one out of touch. In Amman, we have "Airport Road". It is exactly what it claims to be. The road from the airport to Amman. Now that the weather is nice, families picnic along this road. No. It is not scenic. Yes. It is right along a very busy road. But this is what they do. They picnic right on the side of the road. I asked my taxi driver what food they bring on a picnic. Chicken, he said. Then, he turned and asked me, "And in America, you mainly eat Buffalo?" Ted Turner would be so proud!
8 comments:
Hello! So glad you're back! Even though it said you hadn't posted in a month on my side bar I just checked in yesterday to see if there were any clues. I thought perhaps you stayed in Santorini.
Glad to see you! I'm off to kill some buffalo, even though I don't eat me. It's what we do! :)
Glad to see you back! :)
Now you know the truth about buffalo wings! LOL
Wahoo! I was seriously starting to worry about you ;)
Yay! So glad you are back! I kept wondering what had happened!
Yeppers. One or two good sized buffalo every picnic. With potato salad and deviled eggs. :) Welcome back!
I would love to help you reset your blogger language... but it seems you have to reset it in several places and perhaps clear your cache and cookies too... until the next time it wants to set itself. I click around randomly until I find out how to fix it... then can never remember exactly what it was I did that worked! My blogger was convinced, for a very long time, that I was French, eventually it changed to Arabic.
btw - you didn't miss it. We are moving, but I haven't said where yet. I don't want to jinx our move. We'll be back in the US for a short while this summer though... big adventure for kids who only know America as a vacation spot.
Just wondering how things are in your corner of the world....
I hope you will write some more.. I am planning to catch up soon... there is such a backlog after almost a year... keep going. Cheers Lulu
just came across your blog. Love the way you write..made me laugh !! All the best to you !!!
Post a Comment