Sunday, November 16, 2008

Proximidade!



This blog invests and believes in 'proximity' (meaning that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proximity).

This weekend I had the most lovely surprise! The Blogging Mama had nominated me for a little award. And it was such an appropriate gesture coming from her. 'Cuz the award is about making us 'close'. Which on the surface seems kinda strange. How can you be close to someone through a blog?

But here's the deal. About a week ago I received two Celebrate Courage breast cancer awareness bracelets. From Germany. From the Blogging Mama. And I wear them. And I celebrate the courage my mom showed in not only being a survivor but also in getting genetically tested so the girls and I could rest assured that for us, it's not in the genes. And I'm celebrating my BFF from the fourth grade who just started her 5th round of chemo and has been told that even though she's already lost all the hair on her head, that this go around she can expect to lose her lashes and her brows. But I also look at it and think - through this blog - I can celebrate a friend I'd never even recognize on the street. 

I need to pass this award along. And I can think of no one better than to pass it to Amy. Amy adds playlists to her blog. So I asked her if she could please just upload them to my Ipod. Kidding, of course. But she did me one better. She made me four discs and sent them to me here. And for the peas? A magazine filled with the Jonas Brothers. It was an act of kindness I would never have anticipated. And it comes from a blog. 

I don't need to have the most popular blog. I write it for my friends and family back home. I don't need to have a full box of comments. I amuse myself. What I need is you. You who brighten my day with your random musings. You with your helpful hints for living abroad. You whose opinions don't match mine but that clue me in to your point of view. You who see beauty and share it with me. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations... I think you are FAB... hope you know that!

Amy said...

Congratulations AND
Thank you so much!!!!
I love it. That is so nice of you. I think you are awesome!!! You know we're tribe mates.
I can't tell you what a nice time it is for me to get this.
What do I do?
Do I pass it along?

karey m. said...

yep...sometimes my imaginary friends are lovelier than my real ones!

Anonymous said...

Welcome :) Couldn't think of many nicer places to leave a little blogging love.

Miss Kim said...

Seems like a common theme this week :)

please sir said...

Congrats!!!