Christmas was fabulous. I'm still in the process of sorting, boxing, thanking, and uploading. I simply can't tackle all that went on quite yet. But here's one of the best highlights...Ever have a dream? I did. Mine? To play tambourine with the band. Yep. The tambourine. I can't sing. I don't play a musical instrument. But I can keep a beat. So playing the tambourine, touring with the band. That was my big dream.
Over Christmas, QuietDrive came to town. On their world tour. (You think you don't know them, but you do. Remake of Time after Time? Hit the top 10? Need to go to Itunes and play a sample or two? It's okay. I'll wait.)
The band was great. And for the last song? I got to play with the band!!! Tambourine. And just like that, I was living the dream. 20 years later. Good things dreams never die.
All I can say is, anyone need a little more cowbell?
14 comments:
Wow! You're famous! Autographs please! :-) Hope the rest of your holiday was as exciting.
Oh girl...I LOOOOOVVE me some COWBELL! I have to admit that I am going to have to go look the band up... : O
And now we can say we knew you back before you were famous.
I love this! You were playing with the band. I guess this is where you've been, off being a rock star. I have new playlists for you. I can send you the cd's or just the playlists. You let me know.
Wow! You have hit the big time! Surprised you didn't forget about this blogging thing and go on tour!! Have missed all of your funny stories and comments. Glad you are back!
Wow... I just love when dreams come true!
So glad you had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.
Happy to see you back here. :)
Hard to beat a dream coming true...what fun! Glad to see you back online...I've missed you!
Hi there! I just came over from Kari and Kijsa.
Oh my gosh! I got a cowbell as a semi-gag gift for Christmas, and I posted the video of the cowbell skit. It's one of my favorites!
http://songbirdtiff.blogspot.com/2008/12/dont-fear-reaper-blue-oyster-cult.html
So glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday and fufilled a dream!
Awesome! Shake that tambourine! Or Cowbell, whichever!
just popping by to say HELLO! Write something girl!
Percussion makes the rockin’ world go round...
YAY!!! that is awesome!
Im glad you are back, I missed reading your posts!
Hi, my computer died and I lost your e-mail. Are the kids off school? Thinking of a Mommy/daughter prncess dress-up tea party. You guys game? Drop me an e-mail if you're available (ladies of all ages welcome, teehee).
Post a Comment